Thursday 11 October 2018

Unity tutorial 02 - Week 3

Unity tutorial 4 with Jimmy Vegas covered more coding effects and audio. I didn't find this tutorial as enjoyable but understand why it is important when constructing a video game. I found this tutorial straight forward and easy to follow, it was simple to add a sound to an object using the codes provided. I programmed it so that when the player comes in contact with the gem, the gem will make a ding sound and disappear! I found the sound of the ding very satisfying.
After this I created a dip in the terrain, there I made a valley which I placed the water. I set the level of the water so it fit perfectly in the dip. I liked the look of this lake as I walked around the game. We created a wall using the square we made in the last tutorial. We then changed the texture and dimensions of the square to replicate the shape of a wall. I duplicated the wall and placed a few around my game. I added shadows and immediately noticed a difference in the quality of appearance. Giving the game a more realistic feel. 

I found the second tutorial slightly confusing and would like to go over this with someone who knows what their doing..

Overall I really think Im getting to grips with the Unity software now. Messing around has made me more confident and I look forward to getting stuck into my own game!

Image result for unity
Image Link

No comments:

Post a Comment