Monday 15 October 2018

Game Research Idea

In my game brain storming blog I discuss four diverse games that were possibilities for me to create. Although I liked each idea, I think idea four, the platform game would be best to create. In my game the main character will be a Penguin called George, who is stuck on the out skirts of an ice cap. He has to escape from the melting outer rim of the ice cap, to get to the frozen safety of the Antarctic. As the ice melts around him he will have to jump from ice block to ice block, avoiding falling into the freezing water (he can't swim, as he was born with unusually small flippers!). He will also encounter hungry polar bears along his travels, who he will have to perform a spinning attack against in order to knock them out and avoid being eaten.

From what I have learn on Unity from the Jimmy Vegas tutorials I think i could create this game successfully with some extra learning.

Possible game mechanics: 
1. Rotation system: Where the player spawn, in what position they spawn, how they rotate, and move.
2. Goals: Returning to the safety of the frozen icecap without falling into the icy water.
3. Jumping: Almost always combined with gravity, the player must jump from one platform to another and not fall. 
4. Enemies to defeat: Battling against enemies in order to proceed in the game. In my game the enemy will be a hungry polar bear.
5. A main character: A main character that the game will be based around. In my game this will be George the penguin.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/platformer-character-games-design-troy-dunniway

Image result for penguin cartoon
Image Link

No comments:

Post a Comment