Monday 5 November 2018

Unity Tutorial

After watching Jimmy Vegas's Tutorial episode 09 on creating a sky box, lighting and wind zones. I knew this was something that would really give my game the wow factor. I think creating a sky box is really important in a game, no player wants to see the default sky box when playing a game. A skybox can really add a realistic touch to your game and enhance the visual appearance hugely!

So what did I do? Firstly I went into the asset store and typed in skybox. There was a huge variety of sky box's to chose from, but just to make things straight forward, I just chose the one jimmy went for as I thought it would make following the tutorial a little easier. The sky box pack was called "TGU skybox pack by Babycake studio". 

I did some research of sky box assets online and found that the Wispy skybox or the SkySphere Volume 1 would suit my game. 



When it comes to the wind settings in Unity this is something that will play a big part in my game. For the wind settings the higher the number in the turbulence the more wind in the game.  This effect might cause the water to move and the trees to blow in the wind. This is a nice effect to have on a game because it gives a more realistic feel to it. I think this tool will be useful in my game as it takes place in the Antarctic and it may be hard to portray how cold the weather is, but by using this tool the user might get a sense of the cold setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment