Tuesday 27 November 2018

Game Stories

This weeks reading was all about game stories. I think for a game a strong story line really adds to the engagement of a game for the player. The mechanics and the minor technical details are all very important, but that the main story, or feeling you get when you play is what is really important for the player. 

First article I read - Best Games of the year


Second article I read - Q&A: New AAA studio from 2K Games all about players' stories


Third article I read - The Blue Shell and its Discontents


In each article I read, they all state how the content and the story of a game is very important. They talk about how a story in a game really catches the players attention and makes them feel immersed in the game. They talk about how stories can add to the overall feeling and impact you feel when playing a game, I think this is important as it makes game playing that bit more exciting and enjoyable!


Image result for blue shell mario kart

Image link





No comments:

Post a Comment