Thursday 22 November 2018

First Playable

Prototype: After doing some rough sketches on what I wanted my game level to look like, I had a good idea how I was going to design my level on Unity.

I downloaded some snowy mountains off the asset store and I downloaded a snow texture for the base of my website. I then downloaded a penguin character off the asset store, unfortunately all the normal penguin characters were not free to download but I found a toy collection which was perfect for my game as it had a cartoon look.





So far I have come across some difficulties in my game. Setting up the terrain and adding texture was a breeze. I then added some rock textures and trees and a bright sky box to make my game look more realistic. I made a dip in the terrain, this is where I would add water to my game which is a very important part of the game I am making. I looked over the Jimmy Vegas tutorial where he went through adding water to a scene but I struggled to find the water asset that he used. I browsed the asset store and I had no look finding a free water texture that worked for me. Besides this small problem my game has been going to plan and I think its beginning to take some shape. I have to still add controls and a timer to the game. I must also create the ice caps in which George must jump across in order to return to safety. 

This is a screen shot of my game so far   

I have been meeting all my targets.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca, your games looks cool, you're making a lot of progress. I haven't started by game properly yet, I only have a character that doesn't work and some mountains in the background. Your project, on the other hand, looks good and it looks very organized and minimalistic which is very good. The fact that your penguin's name is George just made my day. Anyways keep up the good work, so far it looks dope.

    ReplyDelete