Saturday 17 November 2018

Unity Free Tutorial

Hello and welcome back! 😄

For this weeks Unity series we got to explore our own Unity tutorials which may help us when making our game.
Since Im making a platform game, I thought it would be beneficial for me to explore some straightforward platform games. I found a Youtube series on how to make platform games on Unity.

Video one

This first video was pretty basic and Jimmy Vegas did go over how to set up a terrain etc in his earlier videos. So for the first part of this video I didn't really learn to much. He then talked about creating objects for the character to jump and climb up on which I will use in my game.

Video two

In this video we looked at how to player moves round the game. In my game it will be first person player not the rigged body method. Since there is a first person player mode built into Unity I did get any new information from the first part of this video but it was still very interesting.

After watching a few of these tutorials I realised that they weren't really that helpful or what I was looking for.. I also watched Jimmy Vegas's tutorial series on platform games and there was nothing really beneficial to put in my game.. So I began to worry a little.

Video three

I then found this video which wasn't ideal but it covered using a goal point which is something I would like to use in my game so I wasn't a complete waste of time!

Video four

This video was a really straight forward tutorial how to create a timer in Unity which is something I am including in my game.

From doing some research on Unity tutorials it made me realise how straight forward Jimmy Vegas's videos are, and when Im stuck on something in my game I think I will be referring back to his tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment